This product is brand new direct from the manufacturer. With us it is WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) and this picture shows exactly what you will get - 1 pack of Balance Activ containing 7 single use applicators - each pack is a complete 1 week course.
Embarrassing Vaginal Odour?
You are not alone…
These are very common problems and are often caused by a change in the balance of the normal bacteria in the vagina.Balance Activ™ Vaginal Gel restores and preserves the natural pH balance in the vagina,immediately neutralising the embarrassing odour, and effectively relieving abnormal discharge and discomfort.Balance Activ™ Vaginal Gel can also be used to maintain the natural pH balance and prevent recurrence of symptoms.
What are the Symptoms?
If, for some reason, the balance of the normal bacteria in the vagina is disrupted then you might notice some of the following symptoms:
- Embarrassing vaginal odour (sometimes described as smelling ‘fishy’)
- Abnormal discharge (often thin and white-grey in colour)
- Discomfort (normally irritation or soreness in and around the vagina)
What causes the balance of bacteria to change?
The vagina is normally quite acidic(pH 3.8 - 4.5). Certain things can cause the acidity to be reduced(increasing the pH). This makes it hard for the healthy bacteria to survive, and encourages overgrowth of the unwanted bacteria. The main causes in younger women are:
- prolonged menstruation (your period)
- use of Intra Uterine Devices (IUD’s, commonly known as the coil)
- frequent douching (washing out unwanted organisms along with the normal harmless bacteria)
- perfumed intimate products
- sex without a condom (semen has a higher pH level than the vagina)
Other causes can include having a new sexual partner, multiple sexual partners, same sex sexual partners, the menopause (during and/or directly after) and hormone imbalances. This bacterial imbalance is not caused by poor hygiene, in fact excessive washing of the vagina may alter the normal balance of bacteria.
How Does Balance Activ Vaginal Gel Work?
Dual action Balance Activ™ Vaginal Gel contains lactic acid, which immediately neutralises the embarrassing odour by restoring the normal pH of the vagina. It also contains glycogen, which provides nutrients for lactic acid bacteria.
With normal pH and nutrients, the protective lactic acid bacteria grow and the natural vaginal balance is restored, effectively relieving abnormal discharge and discomfort and stopping the embarrassing odour returning.
How do I use Balance Activ?
Balance Activ™ Vaginal Gel is easy to use and comes in hygienic single use tubes. To use the product, simply twist off the cap of the tube.
Insert the whole of the neck of the tube into the vagina, and squeeze out the contents. The tube can then be removed and disposed of.
For the rapid, effective relief of embarrassing odour, abnormal discharge and discomfort use 1 tube daily for 7 days.
How do I maintain the pH balance and prevent recurrence?
To maintain the natural pH balance and prevent recurrence of symptoms:
- Use 1-2 tubes a week
To help maintain the pH level during a course of antibiotics:
- Use 1 tube daily at the end of the course for 4-5 days
If you notice a recurrence of symptoms around the time of your period:
- Use 1 tube at the end of your period for 1-2 days
These symptoms of pH imbalance occur when the natural balance of bacteria in the vagina is disrupted, encouraging certain bacteria to grow to higher levels than normal.
To prevent this from happening try to take the following precautions:
- Avoid excessive washing (or douching) of the vagina: this may alter the normal balance of bacteria and may make the symptoms more likely to develop.
- Try to avoid using perfumed intimate products as use of these has been linked with disrupting the natural vaginal balance.
- Use a condom if you notice that sexual intercourse promotes the symptoms. Semen is quite alkaline and can alter the natural pH of the vagina encouraging the unwanted overgrowth of bacteria.
When should I see my doctor?
You should consult your doctor if:
- your symptoms worsen
- you experience pain
- the discomfort does not cease
- the discharge is blood-stained
- the discharge occurs during the menopause
Balance Activ™ Vaginal Gel is safe to use during pregnancy, however, you should consult your doctor if you have any of the symptoms of a vaginal infectionduring pregnancy.