Dylon Dye, Hand Use, Jeans Blue Colour, Tie Dyeing
We stock all shades of Dylon Hand Dye & Machine Dye in our Ebay Shop
If Paying by Credit Card please telephone 01292 610314 with details between 9.30am & 3.30pm Monday to Friday
DYLON Hand Dye Instructions
1. Weigh dry fabric. Wash thoroughly. Leave damp
2. Using rubber gloves, dissolve dye in 500ml warm water
3. Fill bowl/stainless steel sink with approx 6 litres warm water (40°C)
4. Stir in 250g (5tbsp) salt. Add dye & stir well
5. Submerge fabric in water
6. Stir for 15mins, then stir regularly for 45mins
7. Rinse fabric in cold water. Wash in warm water and dry away from direct heat & sunlight
• You will need 250g salt
• 1 pack dyes up to 250g fabric (e.g. shirt) to full shade or larger amounts to lighter shade
• Suitable fabrics: Cotton, linen and viscose. Wool, Silk, Polyester/cotton and polyester/viscose mixes will dye to lighter shade
• Not suitable: Pure polyester, acrylic, nylon & fabric with special finishes
• Wash separately for first few washes to remove any excess dye
• Please note: Colour mixing rules apply (e.g. blue on red gives purple)
• Hand dye can be used in the microwave to create special effects.
• For cotton, linen, silk and polyester/cotton mixes only.
• Micro-Dyeing is not suitable for wool, viscose or synthetic fabrics.
• DO NOT USE ON VISCOSE, AS FABRIC CAN GIVE OFF HARMFUL FUMES.
• Remove all metal on fabric (zips, studs, etc).
How To Use
1. Wash the fabric and leave damp.
2. Select your special effect and prepare the fabric by scrunching, knotting, twisting or folding - tie all fabrics tightly.
3. Wearing rubber gloves, empty the dye carefully into the bowl and gradually add 250 ml / ½ pint of hot water. Stir thoroughly to ensure dye is dissolved. Add further 250 ml / ½ pint of water.
4. Place the fabric in the bowl and work into the dye.
5. Put the bowl into a plastic bag or plastic wrap and place in the microwave. Set on ‘high’ for 4 minutes.
6. After 4 minutes remove the bowl from the oven - remember to protect your hands from the heat.
7. Tip away the dye solution and rinse the fabric in cold water. To protect the pattern do not undo any knots, twists, folds etc., until the water runs clear.
8. Rinse, wash and dry as for the Hand method.
VAT number: GB 406612968
Returns policy details
A full refund will be given if Item differs from description or is found to be faulty.If the item is purchased in error, the item does not suit the purpose or the buyer has simply changed their min we will issue a refund of the item price. The buyer shall bear the costs involved in returning the item and also the original postage costs.
|Most Buy it now purchases are protected by the Distance Selling Regulations, which allow you to cancel the purchase within 7 working days from the day you receive the item. Find out more about your rights as a buyer - opens in a new window or tab and exceptions - opens in a new window or tab.|
Postage and packaging
Each additional item
Royal Mail Airmail (Small Packets)
Domestic dispatch time
Will usually dispatch within 1 working day of receiving cleared payment- opens in a new window or tab.
|Payment method||Preferred/Accepted||Buyer protection on eBay|