A Guide to Commercial Blenders
Whether youre planning on whipping up a few smoothies or sauces or need to regularly blend mixtures at a restaurant, having a quality commercial blender is the key to your success. There are many different kinds of new and used commercial blenders on eBay.What are the main types of blenders?
Depending on your intended use, youll want to get one of the following:
- Stand blender: A stand blender is quite versatile. It can be used as a smoothie blender if you plan on serving refreshing drinks. It can also be used for sauces, whips, and purees. The containers can come in various sizes and they often have quantity indicators so you know how much youre making.
- Stick blender: Commercial stick blenders, also called commercial hand blenders, are excellent for purees as you can put them into a pot that youve already been using. Look for a cord long enough for your kitchen or prep area as well as durable blades and a strong motor. Affordable kitchen blenders are easily found in this category.
There are new and used commercial blenders available that come with additional features, which include:
- Enclosures: If youre concerned about the sound and are frequently using a smoothie blender, consider getting one with an enclosure to keep the noise down.
- Tampers: If you make a lot of sauces, youll want to get a smooth consistency. You can do so with the help of a tamper that you can put in through the lid. This lets you get into the corners of the blender, ensuring that all the food can make contact with the blades.
- Interchangeable parts: With some stick blenders, the blender attachment can be swapped out for a whisk. A motorised whisk is ideal for anyone who makes dessert or other whipped items.
The new and pre-owned kitchen blender selection is vast. These are ways that some stand out from the rest:
- Multi-function: Its always a plus if a kitchen appliance can do more than just one thing. There are some blenders that can crush ice, liquefy products, chop ingredients, and make milkshakes in addition to making smoothies and sauces.
- Different power levels: In some situations, like when youre whipping eggs or cream, you have to be careful about your power level. You can be more versatile with your blender if it has more than one power level. Some may have a high and low mode, whereas others may have numerical levels for better fine-tuning.
- Easy to clean: At the end of the day, youll always need to clean your blender, whether its a stick blender or a fruit blender. If it has a wide opening, youll be able to easily reach in to remove all the particles.