Garage equipment & tools
Whether you're a petrolhead or just a typical car owner, it is very important to stock up on garage equipment and tools for your automobile. A lot of big-ticket repairs can be avoided with regular car maintenance. Likewise, with tools on hand, you'll be able to avoid many last-minute inconvenient trips to the auto repair shop. That means less stress, money saved and a great ride every time your key is in the ignition.Types of garage equipment & tools
It can be easy to feel overwhelmed by the massive range of garage equipment and tools available to you. For each part in your vehicle, like your car tyres, wheels or brake pads, dozens of tools with different functions exist. When first building your collection of auto tools, it's important to stick to the essentials, such as:
- Air tools : Powered by pneumatics, these tools deliver quality results with one major benefit over power tools: no sparks. In an environment full of flammable petrol, grease, solvents and more, it is important to be as fire-safe as possible. Sometimes that means putting down the power tools and picking up air tools instead.
- Air compressors: Long-haul travellers will greatly benefit from having their own air compressor. On the road, you never know when you're going to need to top up your tyres. If you find yourself with deflated tyres, you might not be able to wait until you come across the next petrol station. With your own air compressor, you can top up your tyres in a jiffy and get on your way quickly.
- Hand tools: It's impossible to perform basic car maintenance without essential hand tools. Think wrenches, spanners, ratchets, socket sets and more.
- Repair kits: Many people stop once they've stocked their garage with the right equipment and tools. But it's important to keep your repair kit filled with must-have auto tools in your vehicle, like a battery charger and socket set. That way you can be ready for anything, no matter where you drive your car. After all, there's no guarantee that you'll run into car troubles only from the comfort of your own garage.
- Car paint: A good car paint job is important to protect your vehicle from rust damage. Without protection, the structural integrity of your car can be compromised, posing a risk to yourself and other drivers. Some people prefer to get their cars professionally painted. However, it is possible to achieve a great-looking finish with your own car paint at home.