Frequently Asked Questions About Makita Cordless Drills
Makita cordless drills provide both drilling and fastening power while running on a lithium-ion battery. This gives you more freedom and flexibility around your worksite. If you are having trouble finding the right drill, eBay can make the process easier.How do you choose the right drill?
When purchasing a Makita cordless drill, you should pay attention to the following factors:
- Type of drill: Makita makes right angle drills, hammer drills, hex drills, screwdrivers, and more.
- Power: Makita cordless drills have either 12 volts or 18 volts of power. The 12-volt drills can be identified by the term CXT. The 18-volt drills can be identified by the term LXT.
- Capacity: This is the maximum hole diameter a power drill can create in a given material.
- Maximum torque: Torque refers to the amount of force the drill produces to turn an object. Higher torque can drive even more powerful fasteners.
Makita cordless power drills may be equipped with the following features. Note that only some drill models support these technologies:
- Brushless motor: A typical brushed motor consists of permanent magnets on the outside and a spinning armature on the inside. The armature is constantly attracted and repelled by the magnets, which creates a spinning motion to drive the motor. The brushes will constantly reverse the polarity of the electromagnet to keep it spinning. A brushless motor, on the other hand, reverses this design. A spinning magnet is on the inside, while the permanent armature is on the outside. The spinning motion is controlled by a computer, which eliminates the need for brushes. A brushless motor has fewer wearable parts, lower temperatures, and a more efficient design.
- Vibration-resistant housing: Cordless drills marked with the AVT design have a spring-loaded handle and housing that move independently from the motor, thus absorbing the vibrations before they reach the user. An integrated damper spring also absorbs impacts from the drill bit.
- Extreme protection technology: Cordless tools marked with XPT have additional protection against dust, water, and other harsh conditions. Thanks to its integrated seals, the drill will tend to last longer than average.
All Makita cordless power drills will need an equivalent Makita rechargeable battery. The 12-volt tools are only compatible with 12-volt batteries, and the 18-volt tools are only compatible with 18-volt batteries. However, you only need a single battery pack for all compatible tools. You can either get a tool kit with a battery pack or get the tool separately.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Makita.