What You Need to Know About the Sky HD Satellite TV Receiver
The Sky HD box is a satellite receiver and DVR combined. It gives you multiple premium entertainment options on your television screen. eBay makes it easy to find the entertainment options you want.What are some features of the Sky HD box?
The Sky HD box is automatically equipped with these features:
- DVR capabilities: A digital video recorder, or DVR for short, can record, pause, or rewind live television. You can record multiple channels at the same time, although the exact number depends on which set top box you purchase.
- Video on demand: You can get content whenever you want it from ESPN, HBO, National Geographic, BBC iPlayer, and various Sky channels.
- Interface: The user interface features an on-screen guide, personalised shortcuts, curated content, and a search function.
- Live television: The set top box gives you access to exclusive Sky television content. The number of Sky television channels you receive depends on your subscription package, but it could potentially include Sky One, Sky Two, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, and more.
There are two types of boxes: the Sky Plus and the Sky Q. The Sky Q generally comes with more features and allows you to record up to six channels at once. Here are a few differences between the boxes:
- Storage capacity: The internal hard drive allows you to record and playback live television whenever you want. Common storage capacities include 300GB, 500GB, 1TB, and 2TB. If you're regularly recording high-definition video, then you may want a larger storage drive.
- Display resolution: All Sky HD set-top boxes can display high-definition video. The Sky Q 2 TB set-top box can display 4K ultra high-definition broadcasts as well. A 4K resolution display features four times the number of pixels of 1080p resolution. That means four times the amount of detail. However, you will need a 4K television to take advantage of this feature.
- Wi-Fi: The optional Wi-Fi adapter allows you to connect with the internet through your local wireless network and stream any available media content directly to your TV set.
Yes, you do need a subscription to access the Sky services and the DVR function. Even without a subscription, you can still access many free high-definition channels in both standard definition and high definition.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sky.