Cut Your Office Costs with Used Laptops
A used laptop can be a great way to stretch your budget to get more features and specifications. To get everything you need for your personal and professional activities, consider one of the many models offered on eBay, including Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Mini, Chromebook, Dell, and HP laptop models.Why should you choose a refurbished model?
Used PCs and laptops for sale are often sold as seen; a refurbished model should operate as if it was new, albeit with a bit of aesthetic wear and tear. Apple refurbished laptops, as well as refurbished laptops from other brands, will have been thoroughly checked. All necessary parts would also have been replaced, letting you benefit from the best of both worlds at a more affordable price, with the safety net of a fully tested, good-as-new machine.What should you look out for when choosing used laptops?
Used laptops come with various features, and an Asus laptop will have different specifications than a Windows laptop. Before choosing used laptops for your office, consider the following:
- Operating systems: Depending on your company's needs, you should consider which particular system suits you best. You can choose from Windows, Linux OS, or MacOS. Each used laptop may have a different compatibility and OS installation procedure, so refer to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Memory: Although additional memory can often be installed, you should still know your required lower level for plug-and-play functionality. Look at the software you intend to use and ensure that the laptop meets the minimum requirements.
- CPU: Processor speed is an indicator of performance, and the more cores you have, the more simultaneous tasks that can be performed. Many used laptops come with the quad core as standard, but for the best combination of cost and performance, look for a model with the highest number of cores and the fastest CPU speed for the price point you can afford.
- Screen size: 12.5 to 14-inch screens offer a good balance between usability and portability for basic office activities, with the Asus Zenbook even offering 15-inch models. A larger screen would be more appropriate if you will use the laptop to show videos or other marketing materials.
- Graphics cards: All used laptops will have a graphics card. However, if you plan on using your laptop for entertainment and playing games, a high-spec card will be necessary for a more seamless visual display.
A new battery should run for up to 8 hours, but a used battery might only hold charge for a fraction of that time. To ensure you can still work when on the go, consider buying a new battery for your used Windows or Apple laptop.