Whenever we're asked to step in and help with a return or missing item request, we do our best to come to the fairest decision. Sometimes though, you might not agree with our decision, especially if there's additional information you can provide that you think should be considered.
Information you'll need when appealing
If you want to appeal the decision on a case, you'll need to provide new, additional information for us to consider. This can include things like:
- Tracking details showing that the seller received the item you returned
- Proof that your item was delivered to the wrong address
- A copy of a police report if applicable
Appeal a decision
You can appeal a decision at any time within 30 days of the case being closed in My eBay. See the instructions below to find out how.
Appealing a decision in My eBay
- Find the item in your Purchase history - opens in new window or tab, and select See case details.
- Select Send us an appeal.
- Fill in the details and select Submit.
Normally we'll get back to you with our final decision within 48 hours, though occasionally it can take a little longer.