As an eBay seller, you’ll receive your payouts in your linked bank account. Verifying your details helps you avoid any delays in receiving your payouts.
We’ll verify your details when you register for a seller account, or if you update any relevant information on your account.
If we’re not able to verify your details, we may contact you for more information, or put a banner on your eBay account to let you know what action you need to take. You may not be able to receive your payouts until we verify your details.
Be sure to double-check your information is accurate before submitting it. This can avoid delays later on.
Confirming your identity
To complete your verification, we'll need to confirm your identity. If you’re a Registered Business seller, we’ll need to confirm information about your business, as well as any beneficial owners, and directors or partners, if applicable.
Individual sellers (one person or a married couple) will need to provide:
- Full name
- Phone number
- Date of birth
If you're selling as a Registered Business, you'll need to provide:
- Legal business name
- “Doing Business As” (DBA) name/Trade name (if you have one)
- Company Registration Number
- Business address
- Phone number
- Individual identification information for beneficial owners, and directors/partners
Providing proof of identification
If we can’t verify your identity using the information above, we may need you to send us a photo of a valid form of identification. We’ll send you an email, as well as put a banner on your account, as a reminder to let you know what we need, including instructions on how to upload the image.
We accept the following forms of identification:
- Current driver’s license
- Passport or passport card
Uploading documents to eBay
When you’re uploading documents to eBay, the files you upload must follow eBay's guidelines. You should make sure the names on the documents match the names on your eBay account. Additionally, the files must be:
- In JPEG, JPG, PDF or PNG format
- Visible from edge to edge, including all four corners - we may not be able to verify your details if the image is blurry or if information is cut off
- A maximum file size of 10 MB
- In colour
Verifying your banking details
To receive payouts, you’ll need to link your bank account to your eBay account. It’s important to make sure that the names on both accounts match.
- For a personal account, your first name and last name should be the same on your bank account and your eBay account
- For a business account, the business name associated with your bank account should be the same as the business name you use to register on eBay
- For example, if the business name on your bank account is “Joe’s Hobby Shop”, that’s the name you should use to register for your eBay business account
It’s also important to make sure that your account type on eBay matches your bank account type. For example, if you have a business eBay account, you’ll need a business bank account to register as a seller.
To verify your bank account, we'll need:
- Name of the bank account owner
- Bank name
Once we verify your information, we’ll send you an email to let you know you’re set up.
If we can’t verify your information using the details above, you may be asked to verify your bank information another way.
Alternatively, you can verify your account using two microdeposits (small payments) sent to your linked bank account.
Here’s how to verify your account using microdeposits:
- Sign in Seller Hub or my eBay
- Select the banner to verify your bank account
- Select Verify with microdeposits
- Once they’ve reached your account (1-3 business days), sign into Seller Hub or my eBay
- Select the banner to verify your bank account and enter the microdeposit amounts
It can take up to 3 business days for microdeposits to reach your account, and we’ll email you to confirm they’ve arrived. Once verification is complete, the microdeposits will be withdrawn from your bank account.
Providing your bank statement
If we can’t verify your linked bank account using the details above, you may need to send us a colour picture of a recent bank statement for that account. If we need this additional information, we’ll send you an email with instructions on how to upload the image.
Please make sure that the bank statement:
- Is for the account you’re trying to register
- Is for an account that belongs to you and shows your first and last name or full legal name of your business
- Is 3 months old or less
- Shows at least the last 4 digits of your bank account number
- Contains the official letterhead of your bank
Your image can be in JPEG, JPG, PDF, or PNG format. The maximum file size is 10 MB.