Whenever we're asked to step in and help with an issue, we do our best to come to the fairest decision. Sometimes, though, you might not agree with our decision, especially if there's additional information you can provide for consideration.
When you make an appeal, we'll review the case including any new information you provide, and come back to you with a final decision. We'll normally get back to you within 48 hours, though occasionally it can take a little longer.
Information you'll need when appealing
You can appeal a decision at any time within 30 days of the case being closed.
If you want to appeal the decision on a case, you'll need to provide new, additional information, to back up your appeal. This can include things like:
- Tracking details showing the buyer received the item before the case was closed. If the order's total cost (total of item(s), postage and tax) is €450 or more, signature confirmation is required
- Proof that a returned item was delivered to the wrong address or lost in the post
- Documents showing the item matches the listing description
- Proof the buyer received a refund before the case was closed
How to appeal a decision
To appeal a decision, follow these steps:
- Go to your Seller Dashboard - opens in new window or tab.
- Expand Closed without seller resolution to see your options.
- Select See cases and find the item in the list.
- Select See details and then send us an appeal.
Handling payment disputes
In some situations, a buyer may ask their bank or other financial institution to open a payment dispute if they believe there’s an issue with their order. Payment disputes can take the form of a chargeback or other type of dispute. For more information on how to handle these requests, and how eBay can help, take a look at handling payment disputes.