eBay is managing payments
What you need to know
- eBay will require all sellers to register for eBay to manage their payments in 2021. Please make sure you have signed up for emails from eBay.
- When you receive a notification, we advise you to register before the deadline to avoid any interruption to your business.
What it means for eBay to manage payments
Later this year, eBay will manage payments for most buyers and sellers in Ireland. Sellers will have one place to sell and get paid. Buyers have more ways to pay and enjoy a more streamlined checkout experience.
Managing payments is a big step towards making eBay a simpler, more modern managed marketplace, and over 1 million sellers have already registered globally, and 38% of eBay’s on-platform volume globally is already processed in the new payment services [managed payments] with more joining every day. It’s the way business will be done on eBay, and eBay will require all to register for eBay to manage their payments in 2021.
What to expect when eBay manages payments
- Simpler to sell: Checkout is more flexible. Buyers can pay using credit and debit cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and PayPal.
- Simpler to manage: A single source for fees, customised reports, refunds, simplified protections, and streamlined support.
- Simpler to get paid: Sellers can choose to schedule payouts daily as funds are available, or weekly. Regardless of how the buyer pays, payouts are initiated within 2 business days (Monday through Friday, excluding bank holidays) of order confirmation.
When you receive a notification from us, we recommend you register before the deadline to avoid any interruption to your business. This process consists of a few simple steps, and once you have registered, we will send you further details about how to prepare your business and take full advantage of our simpler approach to payments.
Information shared during registration allows us to send your payouts when eBay manages your payments, and comply with government and know-your-customer obligations, which helps keep eBay a trusted marketplace.
eBay Money Back Guarantee
Later this year, eBay will also introduce eBay Money Back Guarantee, a buyer protection program that protects buyers when an item was not received, a seller doesn’t honour their returns policy, or an item is not as described. It applies to most items on our site and there's no extra fee for coverage. This means you’ll have the ability to manage all post-sale requests and cases in a single place, on eBay. Plus, we can step in and help if needed. If you would like to find out more about what this requires from you as a seller, click here.